VCU in Pictures!
This is me on a daily basis
GQ’s Breakout of the Year 2013: Michael B. Jordan photographed by Peggy Sirota.
Just a friendly reminder that animals will FUCKING KILL YOU given the chance.
except the manatee. the manatee just wanted to say hi
im fucking crying that manatee is hilarious
THE MONKEY THOUGH
if you follow the paintbrush with your eyes while not moving your head, it forces you to use emdr which is a therapeutic technique to calm anxiety/panic. watching fish swim causes the same effect.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE FOREVER FOR THIS TO BE ON MY DASHBOARD AGAIN
Engineering Change, One Ad at a Time
Imagine this: In the middle of a billion-dollar televised spectacle of sporting violence, sandwiched between beer ads and gyrating plastic cheerleaders, surrounded by the latest Madison Avenue pleas for flavored taco shells and montages of young, hip people using that one new e-reader that everyone likes so much, 120 seconds of hope emerged.
Here is that hope.
It comes in the form of this Rube Goldberg-inspired ad for Goldie Blox, a series of building toys aimed at smashing the blinding pink wall put up around young girls and their toys. Maybe we should change it to Ruby Goldberg after this? Because they just owned it.
Here’s the deal: I don’t have to tell you how amazing this toy is (although I have before) or how great this video is (because that will be obvious when you watch it). What you need to do is go vote for this ad to be featured during the next Super Bowl!!!! Yes. Go vote. Go now, and go every day. The whole world has a chance to see this.
The power is literally in your hands. Use them to build some little girl’s future. Then who knows what she might build?
Michael B. Jordan with Lupita Nyong’o and Idris Elba at Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Governors Awards 2013 (November 16, 2013).
HOW DID I SCROLL PAST THIS WITHOUT GIVING IT A CHANCE
With this gif, we shall achieve world peace.
Batkid Saves San Francisco
A boy’s wish to be Batman inspired thousands of volunteers to help turn the streets of San Francisco into Gotham City today.
Five-year-old Miles, aka Batkid, has been fighting Leukemia since he was a baby. The Make-a-Wish Foundation helped organize an entire day catered to the caped crusader. Miles, whose cancer is in remission, rode in a Batmobile, rescued a damsel in distress and helped police capture the Riddler and the Penguin. San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee even gave Miles a key to the city.
Last Friday, typhoon Haiyan locally called typhoon Yolanda one of the strongest typhoons ever recorded in history hit the Philippines leaving 20 provinces devastated. An estimated 4 million people were affected. 10,000 deaths were reported as of date. Thousands of families have lost their homes and loved ones. We need all the help we can get. Here’s a condensed list of how you can help and where you can send in your donations:
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- donations via Victory Philippines
- Tulong Kabataan Relief Drive
- relief operations via University of the Philippines
- relief operations via the Department of Education
- pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Global Giving
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via World Food Programme
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- donations via UNICEF Philippines
- donations via CARE Australia
- donations via Caritas Internationalis
- donations via GMA Network (credit card)
- donations via World Vision
- donations via AmeriCares
- donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
TOP: March 8, 2008 - Shaquille O’Neal dives into the stands to save a basketball.
BOTTOM: March 11, 2008 - Shaquille O’Neal chases a ball going out of bounds towards his Phoenix Suns’ coaches and teammates.